The Taylor Swift groping trial has finally ended. After four hours of deliberation, the jury unanimously decided that Colorado-based DJ David Mueller did sexually assault and grope her bottom during her photo op at a 2013 concert in Denver.
The ex-radio host had originally tried to sue Swift, saying that her claims had cost him his job. But a judge rejected that lawsuit last week. On Monday, the court jury also threw out similar claims from Mueller, asserting that the pop star’s mother, Andrea, and her radio liaison, Frank Bell, were also liable for tortious interference with his contract with the station.
Taylor Swift Groping Trial: Singer Recalls Incident
The highly-publicized Taylor Swift groping trial included four days of testimony from the singer herself, her mom, Andrea, and her former bodyguard, Greg Dent. The Grammy winner took the stand to testify last Thursday, offering a gripping summary of the alleged sexual assault. She narrated, “He stayed latched on to my bare ass cheek. I felt him grab onto my ass cheek underneath my skirt.”
The 27-year-old star continued to recall that the first couple of milliseconds, she thought it must be a mistake. She then moved to the side rapidly so that Mueller’s hand would be removed from her bottom, but he didn’t let go. She confessed that it was a “very shocking thing that has never happened to” her before.
When Mueller’s lawyer questioned her bodyguard for not stepping in, Dent said that although he saw the man’s hand under Swift’s skirt, “I looked at her to see if she was looking at me and wanted me to move in and she proceeded with the picture.” However, his legal team still cast doubt on her guard’s claim. Fortunately, the law ruled out.
Taylor Swift Releases Her Statement After Victory
After the news of the Taylor Swift groping trial victory, the pop sensation said in a statement, “I want to thank Judge William J. Martinez and the jury for their careful consideration, my attornets Dough Baldridge, Danielle Foley, Jay Schaudies and Katie Wright for fighting for me and anyone who feels silenced by a sexual assault, and especially anyone who offered their support throughout this four-year ordeal and two-year long trial process.”
Swift went on to say, “I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this. My hope is to help those whose voices should be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves.”